Work in progress. Please check back later to see finished page.
Here you will find some tips I picked up over the years and most commonly asked questions to some problems you may encounter when working on Arcade games.
- How to discharge a picture tube (youtube link not mine)
- After installing a switching power supply my coin door and/or control panel buttons don’t work. What happened?
- Fixing your blooming problem on your XY monitor.
- Installing a CR2032 battery kit onto your Williams board.
- I’m getting a 1-3-1 RAM error message but replacing the RAM chip didn’t fix the problem (rug test looks OK).
- 4 LEDs on the Defender ROM board are lit but no game play.
- Williams Soundboard issues.
- Is your Williams ROM board giving you problems?
- Williams Decoder Chips replacement
- Need to replace your 18,000uf cap on the Williams PS
- I’m Getting a bunch of ?????? on my Defender setup menu screen.
- Williams Joust 2 and Turkey Shoot Information.
- Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe ROM chip locations.
- Needham EMP-10 and Xeltek SuperPro2 EEPROM burners.